Module Two : Developing Professional Practice
Module Two of the course, whicgh we run in collaboration with the British Council Milan, focuses on your practical teaching ability. It will give you a deeper understanding of all the issues covered by Module One, and concentrates on your ability to plan and execute effective lessons, including materials adaptation and development. For precise details of the aims, contents, assessment procedure etc see the Delta Handbook for Tutors and Candidates.
This module involves you in attending live online seminars over the duration of the course, observing experienced teachers in the classroom, and preparing five assignments for assessment, all of which include a written component and teaching. Four of the assignments are assessed by your tutors, and one by an external assessor. These each consist of a background essay of 2,000-2,500 words based on reading and research, and a detailed lesson plan and lesson rationale. The fifth assignment is of 4,000-5,000 words and is internally assessed. Please note that you need to be able to write in English at a high level of academic proficiency in order to reach pass standard in these assignments.
We will accept participants on Module Two courses who can fulfill one of the following criteria :
- You have already completed a Module One course and/or obtained the Module One diploma .
- You hold another ELT qualification at Diploma or Master's level
- You are currently studying on the Module One course with us, and will have reached at least the end of Unit 8 by September. We will then hold back some of the early Module 2 coursework for you to give you a chance to complete the Module One exam in December.
If you cannot fulfill these requirements, we may consider you for direct entry to Module 2 if you complete all the application tasks at a level which shows your prior knowledge of ELT methodology is sufficient for entry to the course, and confirm this at a pre-course interview (which may be held either face-to-face or via Skype, as you prefer.)
Our Module Two courses are run in blended format comprising both online study and face to face contact for the observed teaching. We run the course in various formats, one of which allows you do do the course with your own learners (Format A), while the other allows you to use our group of volunteer students at the British Council Milan. with our group of volunteer students in Milan (Format B). To cater for participants living at some distance from Milan, the obligatory F2F attendance on course Bis kept to a minimum.
At the moment, we are only accepting applications for course A, who must...
- be teaching in or around Milan
- be able to provide classes of at least five students with which they can do the teaching component of the course.
The current cost of the course, in either format, is €2440*Payment in in three instalments is also possible - please ask for details.
* Please note that the course fee does not include the exam entry fee, which is not paid to us but directly to the centre (in the case of Module Two, the British Council Milan). The fee differs slightly from year to year but in 2016 was €185.
If you are currently enrolled on our Module One course and wish to apply for Module Two, please contact Sue.
If not, you will need to ...
- send us a CV or profile stating your qualifications and experience
- if you don't meet the criteria above, complete an application task. Full details can be found on the page The Application Procedure