Module Two : Developing Professional Practice
Due to COVID-19, we have suspended the face to face version of our full Module Two courses. However, Cambridge are currently investing the possibility of allowing fully online courses to be run in 2021, and we are waiting on their decision. . Contact us if you would be interested.
Module Two of the Delta scheme focuses on your practical teaching ability. It will give you a deeper understanding of all the issues covered by Module One, and concentrates on your ability to plan and execute effective lessons, including materials adaptation and development. For precise details of the aims, contents, assessment procedure etc see the Delta Handbook for Tutors and Candidates.
This module involves you in attending live online seminars over the duration of the course, observing experienced teachers in the classroom, and preparing five assignments for assessment, all of which include a written component and teaching. Four of the assignments are assessed by your tutors, and one by an external assessor. These each consist of a background essay of 2,000-2,500 words based on reading and research, and a detailed lesson plan and lesson rationale. The fifth assignment is of 4,000-5,000 words and is internally assessed. Please note that you need to be able to write in English at a high level of academic proficiency in order to reach pass standard in these assignments.
We will accept participants on Module Two courses who can fulfill one of the following criteria :
- You have already completed a Module One course and/or obtained the Module One diploma .
- You hold another ELT qualification at Diploma or Master's level
- You are currently studying on the Module One course and have entered for the exam in the next session
If you cannot fulfill these requirements, we may consider you for direct entry to Module 2 if you complete all the application tasks at a level which shows your prior knowledge of ELT methodology is sufficient for entry to the course, and confirm this at a pre-course interview (which may be held either face-to-face or via Skype, as you prefer.)
The current cost of the course is €2440*Payment in in three instalments is also possible - please ask for details.
* Please note that the course fee does not include the exam entry fee, which is not paid to us but directly to the centre (in the case of Module Two, the British Council Milan). The fee differs slightly from year to year will bee around €200.
If you are currently enrolled on our Module One course and wish to apply for Module Two, please contact Sue.
If not, you will need to ...
- send us a CV or profile stating your qualifications and experience
- if you don't meet the criteria above, complete an application task. Full details can be found on the page The Application Procedure